Apple Spice Cake
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 large eggs
3 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup walnuts (optional)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray Bundt-pan with a nonstick spray with flour. Set aside.
2. Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and allspice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine vegetable oil, sugar and eggs on high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Turn mixture on low and gradually pour dry ingredients, until combined. Add apples, and nuts if desired until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
5. Pour batter in pan, and bake until a cake tester inserted comes out clean, 75 to 80 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and cool slightly on a wire rack.
Recipe slightly adapted from Martha Stewart