Thursday, February 28, 2013

Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints

     Hi Desseritas!  Do you guys love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?  I loved it as a child, because my grandmother use to make homemade jam and I would smother my sandwich with nothing but jam and maybe a teaspoon of peanut butter.  My grandmother would cut my sandwich in these cute shapes, and of course cutting off the crust.  I miss those days.  Now as an adult I could care less for it.  But as a mom, I never stop making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  When my daughter asked for a snack, I came to the rescue with peanut butter cookies.
Never Dessert You Peanut & Jelly Thumbprints

     My oldest daughter took some to school for lunch, and she shared with her friends and touchdown I scored as the Best Mom!
Never Dessert You Peanut & Jelly Thumbprints

    Making these cookies make me feel so happy to be a mom to my wonderful girls.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberry jam

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Set aside.  Using an electric mixer beat peanut butter and butter on medium speed until smooth.  Add brown and white sugar, and beat until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.  Reduce speed to low.  Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.

2.  Scoop and level tablespoons of dough, and form into balls.  Roll each ball in granulated sugar and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.

3.  Bake until cookies are puffy, about 10 minutes.  Remove from oven, and make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon.  Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden 5 to 6 minutes more.  Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool completely.

4.  Heat jam in a small saucepan, stirring, until loosened, about 30 seconds.  Spoon about 1/2 tsp. into each indention.

Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Living


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...