Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pineapple - Jalapeno Daiquiri

    Happy Sunday! I am feeling HOT, really HOT, and no matter what I drink to cool me down from this hot weather it is not working.  So I guess I need to turn up.  
    I been in the mood for a nice and different type of alcoholic drink.  I had some pineapple in my refrigerator that I needed to use before it spoiled so I was excited to make this Pineapple -Jalapeno Daiquiri.  
   
    If you not a fan of heat, this is not for you.  I love the tang and ripple effect from the heat of the jalapeno mixed with alcohol.  
 
    
     The weekend is not over, sit back take a sip of this daiquiri and bring the heat on. 



Pineapple-Jalapeno Daiquiris
1.  Thinly slice 1 jalapeno (remove the seeds for less heat).  Combine with 2 1/2 cups chopped pineapple in a shallow dish; freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
2.  Transfer to a blender; add 3/4 cup rum, 3 tbsp. sugar, the juice from 1 lime and 1 1/2 cups ice and puree until smooth.
Divide among 4 glasses; top with jalapeno slice, cilantro spring and a maraschino cherry.

Adapted from The Food Network Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...