Monday, August 22, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Pie for Mikey

Two Weeks ago, a fellow food blogger unexpectedly lost her husband.  I was not familiar with Jennifer Perrillo blogger of In Jennies Kitchen. before then, but as the news traveled, I found myself watching this video.  It brought tears, warmth, and loves to see a father and his daughter.

Jennifer husband Mikey died of a heart attack.  I could not imagine what Jennie is going through at this time.  My prayers go out to her family.

The food blogging community has showed love and has honored Jennifer wish of making a peanut butter pie for Mikey. 

To keep the food blog keep going I decided to contribute and make a pie also.  Even though its’ two weeks late, I think its better late than never to honor her wish.

After the pie has been baked and cooled I took a moment of silence before I covered it with marshmallow frosting and chocolate shavings.

So here it is.  Chocolate peanut pie for Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...