- Please pastry pieces in the bottom of pasty cup.
- Scoop toffee over the pastry.
- Cut bananas into 1/4-inch-thick slices and pile over toffee.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage and dollop over the top of the bananas.
- Shave chocolate shavings on top of the cream and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Banofee Pie Cups
Until last week I did not know what a banoffee pie was. When I saw the ingredients I know I had to try it. A banoffee pie is actually a pastry with bananas, and toffee from boiled condensed milk also known as dulce de leche baked on a pastry crust or a graham cracker crust. The name Banofee derived from the words banana and toffee. Some recipes versions include coffee, others had chocolate. I decided to omit the coffee and give it a try and do chocolate shavings on top of the whip cream.