Monday, January 2, 2012

White Chocolate & Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


I would like to send my apologies to my fans for not keeping up Never Dessert You blog.  I have deserted my followers and this New Year Never Dessert You is starting fresh with new delightful treats from cookies down to delectable pastries.  2011 was a rough year, I went through some rough times, and I lost some wonderful people in my life, a woman that was like a mom to me and my dad.

I have learned to not put my talents too waste and have more confidence in myself. Life is too short to not enjoy what you love to do. I know I am a talented woman and it’s time to show what I am made of.  

With that said I want to treat you to Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. 

What inspired me to make these cookies?  I really do not like oatmeal by itself but love an oatmeal raisin cookie.  I did not want to do the traditional oatmeal raisin cookie.  Why not use cranberries instead of raisins and white chocolate.  But I am still in the holiday mood so let's put a splash of dark rum in the batter.

These cookies are finger licking good! Come on get in the kitchen and make a batch.

Have A Happy New Year!

Ingredients
  •  2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  •  2 eggs (room temperature)
  •  2 Tbs. milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp. dark rum (optional) 
  •  1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 4 cups oats
  • 1 bag white chocolate baking chips ( I used Ghirardelli)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries

Directions
Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  In a small bowl sift flour and salt, and set aside. Mix the butter and sugars in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment for about five minutes.  Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and rum.
Add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and beat until combined.  Add the oats to the bowl, mixing until combined.  Stir in the white chocolate and cranberries.
Use a small ice-cream scooper and scoop onto a Silpat baking sheet or a baking pan lined with parchment paper. .  Bake for 9 minutes. 
*Note if you are not a fan of cranberries you can add raisins and a teaspoon of cinnamon. 

Slightly adapted from Eat At Home Cooks

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies sound chock full of yumminess. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...