Thursday, June 7, 2012

Have Faith in the Brownies

You must be wondering what's up with NDY?  I was feeling a little down and felt at a point that maybe I am not good in this industry.  I realized the only way to be great is keep pushing, stop making excuses, and stop looking at others items and comparing to yours.  I know I am great in what I do and plan to show it.  So what if you only have two followers, once I have the faith and determination in myself, nothing else matters.  I do see a beautiful future in NDY and I plan to stick with it. 

In the reality of things I really enjoy baking and love to see desserts, so I said to myself, maybe if you start over with a new look it will help.  Well, I reached out to Michele at Intrigue Design Studio to help me.  She is an awesome lady with outstanding skills.  So what do you think of my blog makeover?  Does it not make you want to get up and go in a bakery? 
Exactly and that’s why I wanted to celebrate with a post on brownies. I had saved this recipe a while ago and knew this would be perfect to get me back to my baking.   
I am not a fan of chocolate.  What, I do not like chocolate? Yeah I know, but hey that is what is so special about me.  But, this brownie is so soft and melts in your mouth and is soooo rich.   So you know if I don’t care for chocolate that this has got to be good and it is more than good, it’s great.  Of course, the kicker is the snickers that gives it the extra touch.


Look at that fudge! 

Go ahead and give it a try, I know you will love it just as much as I did.  Thanks for stopping by NDY.   I have so much in store for you with more awesome sweets.




Snickers Brownies
Yield: 12 brownies
Ingredients:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
3 eggs; lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Fun Size Snickers Candy Bars; cut into fourths
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs, extract and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
4. Spread ½ the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Snickers and cover with remaining ½ of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...