Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes

One thing about strawberries in my house is that they don’t last more than a day.  I had to hide these from my daughter just to be able to make these cupcakes.  My three year old daughter LOVES strawberries.  I promise her we will go to the farm this weekend and go strawberry picking, since she could not have no more than two from what I had. 

Can you blame her?  I love these big plump strawberries with that luscious red color.  If you ever bite into one that is sweet it’s just breathtaking. 

This is one of my favorite strawberry cupcakes. I made a yellow cake batter with cake flour and unbleached flour, and folded in fresh strawberries.  The frosting is a meringue frosting with fresh strawberries pureed.

What you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...