Bloody Mary Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 1/8 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp Worcetershire sauce
1/4 cup vodka
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
3/4 cup condensed tomato soup
Cayenne Vodka Buttercream
3 2/3 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 tsp celery salt
2 tblsp plus 2 tsp milk
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp vodka
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, clery salt and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat butter lightly, Add sugar, mixing lightly. Add egss beating until light and fluffy. Add Tabasco, Worcetershire, vodka, and food coloring mixing, until well combined. Alternate between adding soup and flour mintures in four additions, beginning and ending with flour.
4. Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted in cupcake. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool compeletly.
5. For frosting sift the podered sugar in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and celery salt together, for 1 minute. Add podered sugar and milk, alternating between the two. Beat until combined. Scrape sides of the bowl. Add lemon juice, vanilla, vodka, and cayenne pepper. Mix until combined. Beat mixture on high for 5 to 9 minutes until light and fluffy.
6. Transfer frosting to pastry bag with a pastry tip attached. Frost the completely cooled cupcakes. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Intoxicated Cupcakes and Food Network