Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lemon Trifle with Berries


Lemon Trifle with Berries

Hi Desseritas.  I needed to get rid of the berries in my house, so I can start on the fall baking.  I cannot wait to share the awesome treats I plan to make.  What better way to get rid of the summer berries than do a trifle?  I cheated on this one and purchased Sara Lee pound cake in the frozen aisle.  But I did make my own lemon curd and whipped cream :).

The recipe is fairly easily.  Use your favorite lemon curd, purchased from store or homemade and fold in the whip cream.  Layer the cake on the bottom of the dish, brush with Amaretto or Grand Marnier liquor, scoop out a spoonful of the lemon whip cream, and top with berries.  Repeat the layers and then top with more whipped cream without the lemon cream and garnish with more berries.

Lemon Trifle with Berries


1 comment:

  1. What a great treat!! This looks amazing. Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...