Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zucchini Cupcakes

Zucchini Cupcake
    Wow, the week is finally coming to an end.  It's been a LONG week.  I have been in a funk for the past few days.  But I saw my favorite phrase "Keep Calm and Eat Cupcakes".  And that is exactly what I did.  But not your ordinary vanilla, or chocolate cupcake - a zucchini cupcake.  You would not even notice there is zucchini in the cupcake.  It's sweet, full of spice and makes you forget you were having a bad week.  Have a Fabulous day Desseritas!
Zucchini Cupcake
Zucchini Cupcakes

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 3/4 cups shredded zucchini
1/3 cups canola oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Frosting

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1 (8 tbsp.) stick unsalted butter
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line muffin pan with liners.

2.  In a bowl mix flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt.  Set aside.

3.  In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, oil, eggs, and vanilla.  Add to flour mixture and mix until combined.

4.  Using ice cream scoop and scoop into cupcake pan.  Bake for 18-22 minutes.

5.  Put in freezer (right out of oven) for about 45 min to a hour.

6.  Make frosting.  Place butter, cream cheese and vanilla in an electric mixer.  Mix for 1-2 minutes until fully incorporated.  Add powder sugar, one cup at a time.  Mix for 5-6 minutes until frosting is light and creamy.

7.  Frost cupcakes and serve. 

Recipe adapted from I am Baker





3 comments:

  1. Those look and sound yummy! I love zucchini bread, so I'm sure there would be tasty. I'll be trying these soon. #BLMgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your saying! I'm feeling that way right now. I guess I better make a cupcake. This recipe looks yummy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...